Re: Top 10 kernel oopses for the week ending January 5th, 2008

From: Arjan van de Ven
Date: Tue Jan 08 2008 - 14:07:52 EST

Linus Torvalds wrote:

On Tue, 8 Jan 2008, Arjan van de Ven wrote:
the database has the information so it's just a matter of slightly different
php code ;)
Before I do that... do you want the BUG's separate, part of the warnings or
part of the oopses?
(I rather make this change once ;)

I'd like them all separate, they tend to be very different and contain different information.

Put the warnings last, as the least important. Oopses at the top, since they tend to be the ones that are less expected.

ok done; I had to fizzle a bit because some things aren't *exactly* a BUG() statement
but I track them anyway (things like the "sleeping in invalid context" check), so I
had to somewhat arbitrarily assign categories for those. I might fine tune these over time
some; if you or someone else sees problems with categorization please let me know