[patch 0/3] add kernel-cmdline support for interrupt threadpriorities (repost:CC to LKML)

From: Remy Bohmer
Date: Wed Dec 19 2007 - 15:01:23 EST

Hello All,

Back in August we had a discussion about the default priorities of
IRQ-threads and softirqs, and the lack of a mechanism to configure them from
within the kernel.
(see http://www.mail-archive.com/linux-rt-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx/msg01022.html)

Here is a patchset that implements such a nice feature from the kernel cmdline,
similar to what we all agreed on, back then.

The set exist of 3 parts:
1) add a generic routine to the kernel commandline-parse-library to parse the
format of the map as we agreed on.
2) Add a __setup(irq_pmap=) routine to kernel/irq/manage.c
3) Add a __setup(sirq_pmap=) routine to kernel/softirq.c

I hope you can find the time to review this set.

Kind Regards,

Remy Bohmer