Re: 2.6.23.8: OOM killer kills wrong jobs

From: Sylvain Robitaille
Date: Mon Dec 17 2007 - 11:35:32 EST

(removing Alan Cox from the Cc: list; He does not need to be involved
in the details of our discussions of local systems ...)

On Mon, 17 Dec 2007 taow@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> ... Thesis 1,2,3 has 16GB memory. Aries has 12G.

Note that the Theses and Aries are Xeon systems, which are 32-bit systems
in the first place, so the problem described is likely not applicable
to these. I fully expect that the problem being encountered on Baby Alcor
(and Bonnie?) is specifically because of the large memory configuration,
on a 64-bit system, but running a 32-bit OS configuration. At least
that's how I understood the explanation.