Re: Working upstream toolchain for avr32?

From: Mike Frysinger
Date: Fri Dec 14 2007 - 15:35:49 EST

On Dec 14, 2007 3:28 PM, Robert Schwebel <r.schwebel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Fri, Dec 14, 2007 at 03:21:45PM -0500, Mike Frysinger wrote:
> > > Is an upstream toolchain available which is able to build blackfin?
> >
> > binutils -- yes
> > uClibc -- yes (for FLAT)
> > gcc -- yes and no
> >
> > we have some pieces in gcc, but if you want an
> > up-to-date-tested-known-working combination, you can fetch
> > sources/binaries from:
> > http://blackfin.uclinux.org/gf/project/toolchain/frs
>
> Upstream plus a well defined patch stack with well documented patches
> would definitely be preferred here.

as you've been told in the past, the things are documented. go read
the ChangeLog.bfin file.

> > we're working now to make sure that when gcc-4.3 is branched/released,
> > we're part of it
>
> Ah, that sounds pretty good! At the moment we still need three different
> toolchains to build u-boot, the kernel

maybe, if you're using different version of u-boot and the kernel.
but that isnt a good idea anyways.

> and the icebear tools, which is not very satisfying.

there's nothing we can do about this and you're complaining to the
wrong people. icebear is a third party binary-only tool. if you dont
like the way the third party does things, complain to the third party.
or dont buy their product.

> An upstream-blessed toolchain would probably be
> progress.

we are upstream and we've given you blessed toolchains.
-mike