Re: [Patch 7/8] Enhanced partition statistics: procfs

From: Jerome Marchand
Date: Thu Dec 13 2007 - 12:38:32 EST

Randy Dunlap wrote:

> The format of the /proc file is not changed except to add data
> at the end of each line. Is that correct?

No. The line concerning partitions will display different data. The new format match the current format
concerning disks.

Current partition format:
major minor name reads_issued sectors_read writes_issued sectors_written

New partition format (current disk format):
major minor name reads_issued reads_merged sector_read ms_reading writes_completed writes_merged sectors_written ms_writing I/Os_running ms_I/O weighted_ms_I/O

Jérôme