Re: [crash] kernel BUG at drivers/cpufreq/cpufreq.c:1060!

From: Ingo Molnar
Date: Thu Dec 13 2007 - 05:17:43 EST

* Dave Jones <davej@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> > It _looks_ like we're leaking a refcount on that lock, but I don't
> > see where. It's a shame you can't reproduce this easily, as
> > cpufreq.debug=7 would give us more clues. (And
> > CONFIG_CPUFREQ_DEBUG=y)
>
> So we're missing some unlocks in some error paths. It's feasible you
> hit one of those. This patch should be the fix for that.

since it's not really reproducible (i failed to get it since then), how
about you push your fix upstream (it's an obviously correct fix), we
consider this regression fixed and i'll re-notify you if there's still
any problem left. It's not like there's any escape from make randconfig
bootup test coverage in the long run ;-)

Ingo