Re: Linux kernel history from 0.0.1

From: Nicolas Pitre
Date: Wed Dec 12 2007 - 19:23:20 EST

On Wed, 12 Dec 2007, Nicolas Pitre wrote:

> On Wed, 12 Dec 2007, Dave Jones wrote:
>
> > Nico's archive had some bits I missed, and there were some bits
> > in his that I had got, so where possible, I stole some of his changelogs.
> > I think my variant is as complete as we're going to get.
>
> Good! I'll certainly have a look.

First issue with your repo is that all dates are wrong. In my repo I
paid particular attention to author original email addresses, date and
time zone for each commit, taken from the announcement messages, etc. or
from the file with the latest date in tar archives, or from the date of
the used patch file when it made sense.

> I was a bit sad not being able to continue my archive, but this became
> really too time consuming for me. I always planned to get back to it
> but...
>

> Nicolas

Nicolas