Re: RFC: outb 0x80 in inb_p, outb_p harmful on some modern AMD64with MCP51 laptops

From: Rene Herman
Date: Tue Dec 11 2007 - 12:29:37 EST

On 11-12-07 18:04, Rene Herman wrote:

On 11-12-07 18:00, David P. Reed wrote:

Which port do you want me to test?

Oh, thought your previous reply was already responding to this. The "other diagnostic port", 0xed. The point is not so much that it's going to be a good alternate solution but to exclude it being a possible solution.

Also, I can run the timing test on my machine if you share the source
code so I can build it.

Thanks, would be interesting. This one:

Okay, this needs to be junked. I don't get it, but I get different results from an -O2 and an -O0 compile on this one.

Anyone?

Rene.