Re: 2.6.24-rc4-git5: Reported regressions from 2.6.23

From: Tejun Heo
Date: Mon Dec 10 2007 - 03:27:53 EST

Ingo Molnar wrote:
> * Linus Torvalds <torvalds@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>> Tejun already reported that this apparently gets fixed _properly_ with
>> the more extensive cleanups and fixes that are pending for 2.6.25.
>
> btw., how extensive are those cleanups and fixes in reality, is there a
> rollup somewhere one could take a look at? Those fixes and cleanups were
> deferred to v2.6.25 in the knowledge of having the current code included
> in v2.6.24 - but now that the current approach seems to regress, maybe
> those cleanups are still safe enough. (compared to an outright revert)

The following git tree contains patches pending review for 2.6.25.

http://git.kernel.org/?p=linux/kernel/git/tj/libata-dev.git;a=shortlog;h=improve-ATAPI-data-transfer-no-pio

And we're getting close to fixing the regression. I don't think there's
too much worry about this one. Just need a bit more time to test few
more things.

Thanks.

--
tejun