Re: + proc-fix-the-threaded-proc-self.patch added to -mm tree

From: Ingo Molnar
Date: Thu Nov 29 2007 - 19:11:27 EST

* Eric W. Biederman <ebiederm@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> > You'll never run out of this sort of problem. Keeping Linux lean and
> > simple would be far better.
>
> Nah. The control group stuff has all kinds of corner cases because it
> is a new and untested API. The namespace work after we get the code
> cleanup up so it is maintainable and we can work with it is usually
> just finding our globals through a pointer instead of from a static
> variable. Hardly a measurable cost on the best day.

yeah - anyone who claims that containers are 'fat' has likely not even
looked at the code. Even maintainance-wise there's very visible positive
effects: we do discover and properly map our "global resource"
dependencies and abstract them. That increases cleanliness of our code
and APIs all around.

Ingo