Re: [patch 1/4] x86: FIFO ticket spinlocks

From: Nick Piggin
Date: Wed Nov 07 2007 - 03:46:36 EST

On Fri, Nov 02, 2007 at 04:33:32PM +0100, Ingo Molnar wrote:

> * Nick Piggin <npiggin@xxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> > Anyway, if this can make its way to the x86 tree, I think it will get
> > pulled into -mm (?) and get some exposure...
>
> ok, we can certainly try it there.

Anything particular I have to do to get it into the x86 tree? And
presumably that tree is going to be picked up by Andrew at some
point? (-mm exposure is the main objective here, the only reason I
didn't send it to Andrew directly is in the interests of doing the
right thing).

> Your code is really nifty.

Thanks. One of the CPU engineers at Intel asked to use it as their reference
ticket lock code sequence, which was pretty cool :)