Re: hda-intel: no soundcard with current linus' git tree

From: Takashi Iwai
Date: Thu Oct 18 2007 - 02:49:24 EST

At Wed, 17 Oct 2007 23:38:06 -0400,
Jeff Garzik wrote:

> Maxim Levitsky wrote:
> > What sound codec do you have?
> > cat /proc/asound/Intel/codec*
>
> Attached.
>
> I'm on x86-64/Fedora 7 FWIW.
>

> > You probably have different issue, since your card is probed correctly
>
> Agreed (though I was surprised that a correct probe did not yield a
> single printk).

It's shown when CONFIG_SND_DEBUG=y is set.

> Default Amp-In caps: ofs=0x00, nsteps=0x0e, stepsize=0x05, mute=1
> Default Amp-Out caps: ofs=0x7f, nsteps=0x7f, stepsize=0x02, mute=1
> Node 0x02 [Audio Output] wcaps 0xd0c05: Stereo Amp-Out
> Amp-Out caps: N/A
> Amp-Out vals: [0xff 0xff]

Looks like that the volume are full but muted (0x80 is set).
Ditto for surround and CLFE volumes. Could you double-check?

Also, please attach the generated file via
alsactl -f somefile store
This will contain the mixer status, so we can check more details.

thanks,

Takashi