Re: error: Eeek! page_mapcount(page) went negative! (-1) withdifferent process and kernels

From: Dave Jones
Date: Tue Oct 16 2007 - 22:36:58 EST

On Wed, Oct 17, 2007 at 01:03:02AM +0200, Arnaud Fontaine wrote:

> Dave> Many of these that I've seen have turned out to be a hardware
> Dave> problem. Try running memtest86+ on that machine for a while.
> Dave> It doesn't catch all problems, but it will highlight more
> Dave> common memory faults.
>
> Hello,
>
> We ran memtest86+ before production, it was about one month ago. Do you
> think it could come from that anyway?

Not impossible. Hardware failures can occur at any time.
Somewhat unlikely though. As I mentioned, memtest also doesn't trap
all hardware problems. I have a board that passes memtest with flying
colours, yet dies under even slight load. Examination of the board
shows that it has leaking capacitors.

Dave

--
http://www.codemonkey.org.uk