[GIT PULL (updated)] kbuild updates

From: Sam Ravnborg
Date: Mon Oct 15 2007 - 16:49:54 EST

Hi Linus.

The kbuild patches has been rebased on top of -linus after
the x86 merge.
The patch that caused ARCH to be unset has been withdrawn for
now. It had additional issues and I need to do additional changes
to get it included - in other words it will await next merge window.

The following patches does almost clear my patch queue. I have some
fixes pending but need some more time to check them out.
On top of this I have a few reports from -mm that needs attention too.
So in other words I expect a smaller set of patches for -rc1 or -rc2
as my time permits.

In addition to latest pull request this one includes:
- rename of
CFLAGS => KBUILD_CFLAGS
AFLAGS => KBUILD_AFLAGS
CPPFLAGS => KBUILD_CPPFLAGS
rationale behind this was two-fold:
1) Do not let the CFLAGS environment variable impact all builds
2) Allow one to specify addition gcc options on the commandline
as make CLFAGS=-Os ...
- introducing ccflags-y, asflags-y and ldflags-y as the future
replacement of the EXTRA_* variants.

The majority (line wise) is update of generated files.
The rest is almost all one-liners so nothing controversial.
The file with most lines changed is makefiles.txt!

Please pull from:

git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/sam/kbuild.git
[Just pushed - It may need an additional hour to sync out...]

Sam

CREDITS | 6 +
Documentation/kbuild/makefiles.txt | 62 +-
MAINTAINERS | 4 -
Makefile | 57 +-
arch/alpha/Makefile | 2 +-
arch/alpha/kernel/Makefile | 2 +-
arch/alpha/lib/Makefile | 2 +-
arch/arm/Makefile | 14 +-
arch/arm/boot/compressed/Makefile | 2 +-
arch/arm/vfp/Makefile | 2 +-
arch/avr32/Makefile | 8 +-
arch/blackfin/Kconfig | 2 +-
arch/blackfin/Makefile | 4 +-
arch/cris/Makefile | 10 +-
arch/frv/Makefile | 32 +-
arch/h8300/Makefile | 14 +-
arch/h8300/lib/Makefile | 3 -
arch/i386/Makefile | 16 +-
arch/ia64/Makefile | 4 +-
arch/ia64/sn/kernel/Makefile | 2 +-
arch/ia64/sn/kernel/sn2/Makefile | 2 +-
arch/ia64/sn/pci/Makefile | 2 +-
arch/ia64/sn/pci/pcibr/Makefile | 2 +-
arch/m32r/Makefile | 8 +-
arch/m68k/Makefile | 8 +-
arch/m68knommu/Makefile | 8 +-
arch/m68knommu/platform/5206/Makefile | 2 +-
arch/m68knommu/platform/5206e/Makefile | 2 +-
arch/m68knommu/platform/520x/Makefile | 2 +-
arch/m68knommu/platform/523x/Makefile | 2 +-
arch/m68knommu/platform/5249/Makefile | 2 +-
arch/m68knommu/platform/5272/Makefile | 2 +-
arch/m68knommu/platform/527x/Makefile | 2 +-
arch/m68knommu/platform/528x/Makefile | 2 +-
arch/m68knommu/platform/5307/Makefile | 2 +-
arch/m68knommu/platform/532x/Makefile | 2 +-
arch/m68knommu/platform/5407/Makefile | 2 +-
arch/mips/Makefile | 8 +-
arch/mips/kernel/Makefile | 2 +-
arch/parisc/Makefile | 2 +-
arch/parisc/math-emu/Makefile | 2 +-
arch/powerpc/Kconfig.debug | 6 +-
arch/powerpc/Makefile | 30 +-
arch/powerpc/platforms/Kconfig | 2 +-
arch/ppc/Makefile | 16 +-
arch/ppc/boot/Makefile | 1 -
arch/s390/Makefile | 14 +-
arch/sh/Makefile | 6 +-
arch/sh/boot/compressed/Makefile | 2 +-
arch/sh64/Makefile | 4 +-
arch/sparc/Makefile | 8 +-
arch/sparc64/Makefile | 8 +-
arch/um/Makefile | 12 +-
arch/um/Makefile-i386 | 6 +-
arch/um/Makefile-os-Linux | 2 +-
arch/um/Makefile-x86_64 | 6 +-
arch/um/drivers/Makefile | 2 +-
arch/um/sys-i386/Makefile | 2 +-
arch/um/sys-ppc/Makefile | 6 +-
arch/um/sys-x86_64/Makefile | 2 +-
arch/v850/Makefile | 8 +-
arch/x86/boot/Makefile | 4 +-
arch/x86/boot/compressed/Makefile_32 | 2 +-
arch/x86/boot/compressed/Makefile_64 | 4 +-
arch/x86/math-emu/Makefile | 3 +-
arch/x86/vdso/Makefile | 4 +-
arch/x86_64/Makefile | 8 +-
arch/xtensa/Makefile | 8 +-
arch/xtensa/boot/Makefile | 5 +-
arch/xtensa/boot/boot-redboot/Makefile | 2 +-
drivers/atm/Makefile | 2 +-
drivers/input/misc/Kconfig | 2 +-
drivers/leds/Kconfig | 2 +-
drivers/telephony/Kconfig | 2 +-
include/linux/Kbuild | 3 -
init/Makefile | 2 +-
scripts/Kbuild.include | 8 +-
scripts/Makefile.build | 45 +-
scripts/Makefile.clean | 2 +-
scripts/Makefile.lib | 30 +-
scripts/basic/Makefile | 8 +-
scripts/basic/docproc.c | 34 +-
scripts/checkkconfigsymbols.sh | 59 +
scripts/export_report.pl | 10 +-
scripts/gcc-version.sh | 8 +-
scripts/genksyms/Makefile | 8 +-
scripts/genksyms/keywords.c_shipped | 180 ++--
scripts/genksyms/keywords.gperf | 1 +
scripts/genksyms/lex.c_shipped | 1802 ++++++++++++++++++----------
scripts/genksyms/parse.c_shipped | 2088 ++++++++++++++++++--------------
scripts/genksyms/parse.h_shipped | 159 ++--
scripts/genksyms/parse.y | 5 +-
scripts/kconfig/Makefile | 10 +-
scripts/kconfig/check.sh | 14 +
scripts/kconfig/lex.zconf.c_shipped | 25 +-
scripts/kconfig/mconf.c | 36 +-
scripts/kconfig/menu.c | 35 +-
scripts/kconfig/util.c | 13 +-
scripts/kconfig/zconf.gperf | 2 -
scripts/kconfig/zconf.hash.c_shipped | 220 ++--
scripts/kconfig/zconf.tab.c_shipped | 1406 ++++++++++++----------
scripts/kconfig/zconf.y | 11 -
scripts/makelst | 4 +-
scripts/mkmakefile | 8 +-
scripts/mod/file2alias.c | 40 +-
scripts/mod/modpost.c | 6 +
scripts/mod/modpost.h | 4 +-
scripts/ver_linux | 9 +-

Adrian Bunk (4):
kbuild: fix export_report.pl
kconfig: syntax cleanup - drop support for "depends/requires/def_boolean"
include/linux/Kbuild: remove duplicate entries
kbuild: call export_report from the Makefile

Jan Beulich (1):
kconfig: tristate choices with mixed tristate and boolean values

Jesper Juhl (3):
kbuild: improve scripts/gcc-version.sh output a bit when called without args
kbuild: ver_linux fix glibc version print
kbuild: scripts/ver_linux : correct printing of binutils version

Kees Cook (1):
kbuild: make modpost detect unterminated device id lists

Matej Laitl (1):
kconfig/menuconfig: distinguish between selected-by-another options and comments

Mike Frysinger (1):
kbuild: clean Modules.symvers in external module dirs

Milton Miller (1):
kbuild: call make once for all targets when O=.. is used

Paolo 'Blaisorblade' Giarrusso (1):
kbuild: script to check for undefined Kconfig symbols

Petr Stetiar (1):
kbuild: fix segfault in modpost

Ram Pai (1):
kbuild: fix perl usage in export_report.pl

Randy Dunlap (1):
docproc: style & typo cleanups

Roland McGrath (1):
kbuild: pass -g to assembler under CONFIG_DEBUG_INFO

Sam Ravnborg (23):
kbuild: Use Elfnn_Half as replacement for Elfnn_Section
kbuild: check if we can link gettext not just compile
kbuild: fix genksyms Makefile
kbuild: __extension__ support in genksyms (fix unknown CRC warning)
kbuild: apply genksyms changes
ia64: fix sn to add include files using EXTRA_CFLAGS
kbuild: fix directory traversal bug
kconfig: make comments stand out in menuconfig
kconfig: fix segv fault in menuconfig
kbuild: fix infinite make recursion
kbuild: update _shipped files for kconfig syntax cleanup
kbuild: fix documentation in makefiles.txt
kbuild: kill EXTRA_ARFLAGS
kbuild: kill backward compatibility checks
kbuild: move Kai Germaschewski to CREDITS
kbuild: fix up CFLAGS usage
kbuild: enable 'make CFLAGS=...' to add additional options to CC
kbuild: check for wrong use of CFLAGS
kbuild: fix AFLAGS use in h8300 and m68knommu
kbuild: enable 'make AFLAGS=...' to add additional options to AS
kbuild: enable use of AFLAGS and CFLAGS on commandline
kbuild: enable 'make CPPFLAGS=...' to add additional options to CPP
kbuild: introduce ccflags-y, asflags-y and ldflags-y