RE: [HP ProLiant WatchDog driver] hpwdt HP WatchDog Patch

From: Mingarelli, Thomas
Date: Mon Oct 15 2007 - 16:26:28 EST

This could be done but then it adds complexity to the patch (as now two
different parts of the kernel need to be modified) and requires
regression testing for multiple platforms and OEM's.

This patch is isolated similar to the other HW specific HW Watchdog
Timers and yet provides a common Linux user interface that is applicable
across all OEM platforms that choose to implement a HW watchdog timer
device driver.

We chose to keep the changes isolated at this time to gain quick
acceptance upstream.