Re: [git patches] IDE updates (part 2)

From: Bartlomiej Zolnierkiewicz
Date: Sat Oct 13 2007 - 16:56:47 EST

On Saturday 13 October 2007, Alan Cox wrote:
> On Sat, 13 Oct 2007 18:25:24 +0200
> Bartlomiej Zolnierkiewicz <bzolnier@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>

> > Hi,
> >
> > highlights of this update:
> >
> > * Rework of IDE PMAC host driver: bugfixes, removal of the code
> > duplicated from the IDE core and conversion to use the generic
> > DMA tuning code path (the rework cuts ide-pmac.c by ~200 LOC).
>
> Reading the current driver from the git tree I don't see how the PCI
> driver ever sets the ctl register base. It seems to always be set to zero
> which means you can't issue SRST and reset sequences ?

Hi Alan,

Comment in pmac_ide_init_hwif_ports() is highly misleading as this function
returns early only for "normal" IDE PCI devices (pmac_ide_init_hwif_ports()
can be called outside ide-pmac driver through ppc_ide_md).

static int __devinit
pmac_ide_pci_attach(struct pci_dev *pdev, const struct pci_device_id *id)
{
pmif = &pmac_ide[i];
pmif->regbase = (unsigned long) base + 0x2000;
rc = pmac_ide_setup_device(pmif, hwif);
}

static int
pmac_ide_setup_device(pmac_ide_hwif_t *pmif, ide_hwif_t *hwif)
{
pmac_ide_init_hwif_ports(&hwif->hw, pmif->regbase, 0, &hwif->irq);
}

void
pmac_ide_init_hwif_ports(hw_regs_t *hw,
unsigned long data_port, unsigned long ctrl_port,
int *irq)
{
for (ix = 0; ix < MAX_HWIFS; ++ix)
if (data_port == pmac_ide[ix].regbase)
break;
---> since pmif->regbase was set earlier ix will be < MAX_HWIFS
if (ix >= MAX_HWIFS) {
/* Probably a PCI interface... */
for (i = IDE_DATA_OFFSET; i <= IDE_STATUS_OFFSET; ++i)
hw->io_ports[i] = data_port + i - IDE_DATA_OFFSET;
hw->io_ports[IDE_CONTROL_OFFSET] = ctrl_port;
return;
}

for (i = 0; i < 8; ++i)
hw->io_ports[i] = data_port + i * 0x10;