Re: Linux 2.6.23-rc9 and a heads-up for the 2.6.24 series..

From: Linus Torvalds
Date: Wed Oct 03 2007 - 15:26:16 EST

On Wed, 3 Oct 2007, Jeff Garzik wrote:

> I'm a bit confused... you typed 2.6.24-rc4; I'm guessing you meant
> 2.6.24-rc1, but did you mean

No, I just meant "2.6.24 merge window", so:

> "x86 merge as soon as 2.6.23 is released" (merge window opens)

is the correct interpretation.

It will probably be a day or two after the 2.6.23 release, just because I
like evertybody to look at the release tree after a release, but it would
be the first set of changes that get merged (assuming there are no stupid
brown-paper-bag issues that would get priority).

Linus