Re: [patch/backport] CFS scheduler, -v22, for v2.6.23-rc8,v2.6.22.8, v2.6.21.7, v2.6.20.20

From: Alejandro Riveira FernÃndez
Date: Sat Sep 29 2007 - 12:52:22 EST

El Fri, 28 Sep 2007 23:20:13 -0300
Henrique de Moraes Holschuh <hmh@xxxxxxxxxx> escribiÃ:

> On Fri, 28 Sep 2007, Alejandro Riveira FernÃndez wrote:
> > I feel it better than 20.5 but the later is more stable. Let me explain.
> >
> > I patched a 2.6.22.9 kernel with both versions 22 and 20.5[1]. With the 22
> > version if i lock the screen (run screensaver) or i try to run a wine program
> > i experience a hard lock up no keyboard or mouse and i have to reboot the
> > machine (i can not try to access it via ssh because i do not have a second
> > machine).

Thanks for the response :D

> I have seen that twice with v20.5 under 2.6.22.7/.8. Didn't see it yet with
> v22. xterm would get pissed if I tried to "secure keyboard", so something
> stole the keyboard focus and wouldn't give it back to xorg. Maybe a locking
> bug in xorg somewhere?
>
> Anyway, my kernel is NOT tainted, so rest assured that at least this one is
> not nVidia's fault.
>
> BTW, v20.5 in 2.6.21.7 would sometimes cause dmcrypt to oops when first
> mounting a LUKS volume if there was some non-extra-light disk activity going
> on. Probably something missing in the backport to 2.6.21...
>
> Sorry, days down here have been very busy, so I didn't have time to send a
> proper bug report.

I can add another data point 2.6.23-rc8-cfs-v22-g1bef7dc0-dirty does not have
any problem with wine or xscreensaver is working fine. Again i use nvidia and
a 3 party gpl driver for my wifi rt2500 which have compiled fine with the new
kernel (surprise surprise!)
If you need any more info just ask.

Thanks

P.S: I use ubuntu feisty fwiw

--
Nunca discutas con un idiota. Al final te hacen rebajarte a su nivel y entonces
te acaban ganando debido a su mayor experiencia.