Re: [git] CFS-devel, latest code

From: Bill Davidsen
Date: Fri Sep 28 2007 - 17:41:53 EST

Ingo Molnar wrote:

Maybe there's more to come: if we can get CONFIG_FAIR_USER_SCHED to work properly then your Xorg will have a load-independent 50% of CPU time all to itself.

It seems that perhaps that 50% makes more sense on a single/dual CPU system than on a more robust one, such as a four way dual core Xeon with HT or some such. With hotplug CPUs, and setups on various machines, perhaps some resource limit independent of the available resource would be useful.

Just throwing out the idea, in case it lands on fertile ground.

--
Bill Davidsen <davidsen@xxxxxxx>