NO_HZ hangs up AMD MK-36

From: Dmitry Tyschenko
Date: Thu Sep 27 2007 - 16:29:04 EST

Hello,

I have laptop Asus X50M. Using old Debian Etch from February.
Kernel from 2.6.21 doesn't boot, hangs up just in 10seconds - 1minute
after GRUB screen.
I have tryed different versions of gcc (4.1.1, 4.1.2, 4.2.1) to build
2.6.22.8 kernel, but no results.
But if I disable NO_HZ option 2.6.21 is working fine for me.

I think this is important problem, because some of the project, Debian
for example,
are building kernel with this options enabled (in
linux-image-2.6.22-1-k7 package it is enabled),
and some people, like me, can not use new kernels.

I have attached some of my PC info, hope this can help

Thank you