Re: State of the Linux PCI Subsystem for 2.6.23-rc8

From: Greg KH
Date: Thu Sep 27 2007 - 11:40:06 EST

On Thu, Sep 27, 2007 at 03:22:35AM -0400, Jeff Garzik wrote:
> Greg KH wrote:

>>> What about http://marc.info/?l=linux-pci&m=119072400008538&w=2 ?
>> That's not a regression, right? Tt's probably never worked for that
>> kind of box :)
>> I think the pci bus patches that are pending from Jeff Garzik should fix
>> up these issues. They are in one of his trees, and in the -mm release,
>> if you are able to test those.
>
> jgarzik/misc-2.6.git#pciseg has my only outstanding PCI stuff, which is a
> small x86[-64] PCI domain support patch. Mostly unrelated to the thread at
> hand, alas, even though it was touching that area.
>
> I need to a few changes required by Andi, who made several good points,
> then the PCI domains thing should be ready for upstream. I don't care much
> who merges it, you, Andi or me.

I'll take it, as I guess it should go through me, Andi is going to have
enough merge issues for 2.6.24 :)

I'll add them to my tree later today.

> As I recall, some NUMA folks hacked in my damage (storing numa node in
> x86's new struct pci_sysdata), noted and fixed additional fallout, and
> added their own damage for good measure :)

Yeah, I don't really trust all of the pci numa things as it keeps
blowing up in odd ways, and we seem to be doing a lot of extra work for
the 2 NUMA-CUBE users in the whole world...

thanks,

greg k-h