Re: sys_chroot+sys_fchdir Fix

From: David Newall
Date: Wed Sep 26 2007 - 07:57:00 EST

Alan Cox wrote:
Now see I've been working on Unix systems since 1988 or so and in that
time I've learned to read the documentation properly (you haven't)

My, my, you can be unpleasant when you try. There's no need for it. As it happens I have years of UNIX experience on you. (Newbie!)

You've got an idea that the original intention was for there to be a way to escape from a chroot, but that the documentation was written so that, not only was this not mentioned, but what was written implies otherwise. You've also got some idea that because it's the way it is, therefore it must be right. You present no reasoning to explain why the behavior is correct; instead you use insults. I've exhausted my tolerance for rudeness.