Re: Problems with 2.6.23-rc6 on AMD Geode LX800

From: Jordan Crouse
Date: Tue Sep 25 2007 - 11:10:09 EST

On 25/09/07 01:38 -0700, Joerg Pommnitz wrote:
> Chuck, Jordan,
> thanks for taking an interest in this problem. As suggested by Jordan I tried a new
> BIOS revision from
> http://www.digitallogic.ch/index.php?id=256&dir=/MSEP800%20-%20SM800PCX%20%20-%20MPC20%20-%20MPC21&mountpoint=23
>
> Unfortunately the kernel still fails to boot in the same way.

You'll have to contact Digital Logic and have them check with the BIOS vendor
to see if the fix was made in that version or not. I don't have that
particular board, so I can't try out the fixes here.

I'm still trying to track down the particulars of the fix from the BIOS
vendor. I'll let you know.

> Do you still need the disassembled reserve_bootmem_core?

Sure - you might as well - just to make sure its the same problem.

Jordan

--
Jordan Crouse
Systems Software Development Engineer