Re: ACPI power off regression in 2.6.23-rc8 (NOT in rc7)

From: Rafael J. Wysocki
Date: Tue Sep 25 2007 - 10:04:36 EST

On Tuesday, 25 September 2007 15:15, Alexey Starikovskiy wrote:
> Rafael J. Wysocki wrote:

> >> Agree, attaching updated patch.
> >
> > Well, please use "ifdef CONFIG_PM_SLEEP" instead of
> > "if defined(CONFIG_SUSPEND)||defined(CONFIG_HIBERNATION)",
> > as you did with the second block.
> I was thinking about that, but it seem to be less clear...
> We need this variable only for suspend or hibernation, nothing else.
> with pm_sleep it is not visible at all.
>
> Thoughts?

Well, PM_SLEEP is defined as (SUSPEND || HIBERNATION), please have a look
at kernel/power/Kconfig, and it was introduced exactly for the conditions like
this.

IOW, if we want something to be used for anything else than suspend or
hibernation, it shouldn't be defined under PM_SLEEP.

Greetings,
Rafael