Re: 2.6.23-rc7-mm1

From: Kamalesh Babulal
Date: Tue Sep 25 2007 - 09:09:46 EST

Peter Zijlstra wrote:

>>> Hi Peter,
>>>
>>> I do not get BUG: spinlock bad magic messages any more, but the softlock message is
>>> thrown more than 30 time, while running the ltp runall.
>> It would be good to know what function on_each_cpu is executing, could
>> you try something like:
>
> I've just completed 2 full ltp runs on a dual-core opteron machine but
> could not reproduce this problem.
>
> Kamalesh, would it be possible for you to reproduce with that patch, so
> we can see what function is holding up the cpu?

Hi Peter,

After running the test with the patch you provided, i observed an oops message
which was at the top of the these soft lockup message and the oops is the same as
the oops reported at http://lkml.org/lkml/2007/9/24/107.

And when i applied the patch for the oops proposed at
http://lkml.org/lkml/2007/9/25/57 the oops as well as the soft lockup's are not seen.

--
Thanks & Regards,
Kamalesh Babulal,