Re: 2.6.23-rc7 - _random_ IRQ23 : nobody cared

From: Paul Rolland
Date: Tue Sep 25 2007 - 03:01:24 EST

Hi David,

On Mon, 24 Sep 2007 23:56:59 +0930
David Newall <david@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Paul Rolland "(???????) wrote:
> > Hell, IRQ 23 is shared between libata and my modem !!!
> >

> Tried using the modem?

When no problem is reported, both the libata part and the modem are OK.
When the problem is reported, at that time, only libata is handling IRQ23
(the modem is a WinModem, and the driver is an out-kernel module), this
is still kernel boot time, and the disabling of the IRQ makes my machine
unable to complete the boot process (too many disk timeout).

It could be good to be able to delay the disabling of an IRQ something long
enough to allow all the modules to be loaded...

Paul