Re: [announce] CFS-devel, performance improvements

From: Arjan van de Ven
Date: Fri Sep 14 2007 - 10:27:51 EST

On Thu, 13 Sep 2007 18:50:12 +0200 (CEST)
Roman Zippel <zippel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > You never directly replied to these pretty explicit requests, all
> > you did was this side remark 5 days later in one of your patch
> > announcements:
>
> This is ridiculous, I asked you multiple times to explain to me some
> of the differences relative to CFS as response to the splitup
> requests. Not once did you react, you didn't even ask what I'd like
> to know specifically.

Roman,

this is... a strange comment. It almost sounds like you were holding
the splitup hostage depending on some other thing happening.... that's
not a good attitude in my book. Having big-blob patches that do many
things at the same time leads to them being impossible to apply. Linux
works by having smaller incrementals. You know that; you've been around
for a long time.

Complaining that someone finally did splitup work after you refused,
and even puts credit in for you... that's beyond my comprehension.
Sorry.