Re: O_NOLINK for open()

From: Brent Casavant
Date: Wed Sep 12 2007 - 17:40:05 EST

On Wed, 12 Sep 2007, H. Peter Anvin wrote:

> Brent Casavant wrote:

> > http://marc.info/?l=linux-kernel&m=93032806224160&w=2
>
> This link talks about file flags handling. I don't see the relevance to
> this problem at all. However, this is a very long thread, so if there
> is anything specific that you want to point to, then please elucidate.

Oops, my mistake -- I pasted the wrong URL. I meant this thread, this
post in particular:

Still, O_NOLINK would seem to be a valuable addition, and greatly
simplify secure temporary file creation.

Brent

--
Brent Casavant All music is folk music. I ain't
bcasavan@xxxxxxx never heard a horse sing a song.