Re: [ANNOUNCE/RFC] Really Fair Scheduler

From: Roman Zippel
Date: Sun Sep 02 2007 - 10:47:25 EST

Hi,

On Sat, 1 Sep 2007, Daniel Walker wrote:

> Out of curiosity I was reviewing your patch .. Since you create
> kernel/sched_norm.c as a copy of kernel/sched_fair.c it was hard to see
> what had changed .. So I re-diffed your patch to eliminate
> kernel/sched_norm.c and just make the changes to kernel/sched_fair.c ..

I mainly did it this way to avoid annoying conflicts. I also started with
a copy where I threw out everything but a basic skeleton and than just
copied the stuff I needed.

> > (1) time = sum_{t}^{T}(time_{t})
> > (2) weight_sum = sum_{t}^{T}(weight_{t})
>
> I read your description, but I was distracted by this latex style
> notation .. Could you walk through in english what these two equation
> are doing ..

T is the number of tasks, so the first is the sum of the time every task
gets over a period of time and the second is the sum of all weights of
each task.

bye, Roman