Failed to build latest git revision

From: Stefano Esposito
Date: Fri Aug 31 2007 - 08:50:30 EST

I've just git pull git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/torvalds/linux-2.6.git

after
$ make clean
$ make menuconfig

make fails with:
$ make
scripts/kconfig/conf -s arch/i386/Kconfig

*** Error during writing of the kernel configuration.

make[2]: *** [silentoldconfig] Error 1
make[1]: *** [silentoldconfig] Error 2
make: *** No rule to make target `include/config/auto.conf', needed by `include/config/kernel.release'. Stop.

I've tried remaking clean and with make randconfig, got the same error,
then i just zcat /proc/config.gz > .config

$make silentoldconfig fails with:
scripts/kconfig/conf -s arch/i386/Kconfig

*** Error during writing of the kernel configuration.

make[1]: *** [silentoldconfig] Error 1
make: *** [silentoldconfig] Error 2

Doing
$make oldconfig
$make
fails with:
scripts/kconfig/conf -s arch/i386/Kconfig

*** Error during writing of the kernel configuration.

make[2]: *** [silentoldconfig] Error 1
make[1]: *** [silentoldconfig] Error 2
make: *** No rule to make target `include/config/auto.conf', needed by `include/config/kernel.release'. Stop.

Attached my .config
--
Stefano Esposito

Sponsor:
Vendi ciò che vuoi con il canale annunci di Email.it. Inserisci il tuo annuncio gratuitamente!
Clicca qui: http://adv.email.it/cgi-bin/foclick.cgi?mid=6890&d=31-8