Re: [NET]: Mark Paul Moore as maintainer of labelled networking.

From: Joe Perches
Date: Tue Aug 28 2007 - 12:46:31 EST

On Tue, 2007-08-28 at 08:46 -0400, Paul Moore wrote:
> If having both a labeled networking and NetLabel maintainer entry is a
> problem then how about the patch below?

I don't think it is.

> -NETWORKING [LABELED] (NetLabel, CIPSO, Labeled IPsec, SECMARK)
> +NETWORKING [LABELED] (NetLabel/CIPSO, Labeled IPsec, SECMARK)
> P: Paul Moore
> M: paul.moore@xxxxxx
> +W: http://netlabel.sf.net (NetLabel/CIPSO)
> L: netdev@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> S: Maintained

My preference would be for something like:

NETLABEL and CIPSO
P: Paul Moore
M: paul.moore@xxxxxx
W: http://netlabel.sf.net
L: netdev@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
S: Maintained
F: Documentation/netlabel/
F: include/net/netlabel.h
F: net/netlabel/

Labeled IPsec and SECMARK
P: Paul Moore
M: paul.moore@xxxxxx
L: netdev@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
S: Supported
F: include/linux/netfilter/*SECMARK*
F: net/netfilter/*SECMARK*

I would like to add appropriate file patterns for each
block. Also, I'm not sure of the Supported/Maintained
status of each block.

The distinction is supposed to be:

Supported: Someone is actually paid to look after this.
Maintained: Someone actually looks after it.

Could you please clarify those for me?

cheers, Joe