Re: QUESTION: RT & SCHED & fork: ?MISSING EQUIV of task_new_fairfor RT tasks.

From: Mitchell Erblich
Date: Wed Aug 15 2007 - 14:09:18 EST

Mike Galbraith wrote:

> On Tue, 2007-08-14 at 12:28 -0700, Mitchell Erblich wrote:
> > Group, Ingo Molnar, etc,
> >
> > Why does the rt sched_class contain fewer elements than fair?
> > missing is the RT for .task_new.
>
> No class specific initialization needs to be done for RT tasks.
>
> -Mike

Mike, et al,

one time: I was told that this group likes bottom posts.

The logic of class independent code calling class
scheduling dependent code, assumes that all functions
are in ALL the class dependent sections.

Minimally, if I agree with your above statement, I would assume
that the function should still exist as a null type function. However,
in reality, alot of RT class specific init is done. Just currently
none of it is done in this non-existant function.

Mitchell Erblich