Re: [patch] slab: revert "slab: fix alien cache handling"

From: Christoph Lameter
Date: Tue Aug 14 2007 - 15:03:15 EST

On Mon, 13 Aug 2007, Siddha, Suresh B wrote:

> > Only if you find another way to fix the bug that is addressed there.
>
> Does the appended version fix both the issues? Name alien in cache_free_alien
> is confusing, as the function does two things. free through alien caches
> or direct remote free..

Yes calling cache_free_alien is not necessary if you just have a single
node. All memory is node local in that case.

I do not think that cache_free_alien is confusing since the name refers to
the function freeing an alien object. That alien object can be freed to an
alien cache or directly to a remote slab.

Acked-by: Christoph Lameter <clameter@xxxxxxx>