Re: Linux 2.6.23-rc3

From: Tore Anderson
Date: Tue Aug 14 2007 - 09:07:46 EST

* James Smart

> I've seen these before (and they haven't been specific to the LLDD).

You're probably right. I saw trouble happening when lpfc was in
action and thought it might have something to do with it, but then
again I'm not very intimate with the inner workings of the kernel.

> If you believe these are related to the -rc3 lpfc mods, I recommend
> retesting on an -rc2 or 2.6.22 to see how similar they are.

I have no opinion if this is something that appeared in -rc3 or not as
I upgraded to it directly from 2.6.20 (which never gave me similar
problems). I'm compiling a new kernel with Matthew Wilcox' patch now,
and will try a few more reboots to see how that helped. I'll post
about my findings tomorrow.

Regards
--
Tore Anderson