Re: Unexpected busfree in Message-in phase

From: Jesper Juhl
Date: Mon Aug 13 2007 - 17:12:53 EST

On 13/08/07, Michal Piotrowski <michal.k.k.piotrowski@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi Jesper,
>
> On 11/08/07, Jesper Juhl <jesper.juhl@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I just noticed this in dmesg :
> >
> > [ 3216.262987] (scsi0:A:4:0): Unexpected busfree in Message-in phase
> > [ 3216.263058] SEQADDR == 0x16c
> > [ 3216.263724] target0:0:4: FAST-10 SCSI 10.0 MB/s ST (100 ns, offset 16)
> >
> > That's all there is in addition to the normal bootup messages, just
> > those 3 lines.
> > The machine is doing fine at the moment, no ill effects so far, but an
> > explanation of what exactely could be causing that and whether or not
> > it is a (fixable) problem would be very nice :-)
> >

> > Some details :
> >
> > $ scripts/ver_linux
> > If some fields are empty or look unusual you may have an old version.
> > Compare to the current minimal requirements in Documentation/Changes.
> >
> > Linux dragon 2.6.22-g1db6178c #1 SMP PREEMPT Sat Jul 14 04:10:50 CEST
>
> Is this a regression? I do not have this commit

Hmm, neither do I, it must be from a build from one of my local
branches (unfortunately it seems like it's one I don't have around any
more).
Ok, so I guess I'll have to try and see if it happens again with a new
build - although I doubt that it's something that was caused by one of
my own patches since I've not been doing anything to the aic7xxx
driver lately beyond pretty trivial stuff, but I guess I can't rule it
out.

--
Jesper Juhl <jesper.juhl@xxxxxxxxx>