Re: beeping patch for debugging acpi sleep

From: Christian Leber
Date: Sun Aug 12 2007 - 18:13:01 EST

On Thu, Jun 28, 2007 at 02:08:15PM +0000, Pavel Machek wrote:
> > > The results are a bit unclear, I took a 2.6.22-rc4 with beep.
> > > Logged into KDE.
> > > (hardware: Dell Latitude D810)
> > >
> > > S = successfull resume
> > > D = had to resume 2 times, that means when pressing the power button the
> > > LED goes from blinking to on and after a few seconds it goes back to
> > > blinking, but without a beep in between; after pressing the power button
> > > a second time resume is successfull
> > > F = resume failes, NO beep
> > >
> > > -run 1: D D F
> > > -run 2: D D D(some X garbadge) F
> > > -run 3: S S S S S S F
> > > -run 4: S S F
> > > -run 5: D F

[..]

> It may well be different problem :-(. 100KB diff and I'm not an acpi
> expert :-(.
>
> I just discovered I have problems with s2ram, too, but it looks like
> usermodehelper is responsible.

Now i think it is a userspace problem, more exactly something in KDE.

I got a new laptop(a Dell D830) and
discovered that suspend works with gnome and when i directly run /etc/acpi/sleep.sh.
(with KDE running, from a xterm... but so somehow it can't interact with
the KDE userspace stuff) (i have no remote idea what KDE is doing)

So i tried sleep.sh also on my old laptop (D810) once again and it works
reliable, well at least for 13 times.

Directly afterwards i tried the suspend to ram button again and it
failed again as stated above.

Can someone else with suspend problems and KDE verify this?

i filled a bug against KDE in ubuntu:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/kubuntu-meta/+bug/131855

Christian Leber

--
You are searching some interesting studies?
http://www.ziti.uni-heidelberg.de/ :-)