Are we properly prepared to handle 3 Socket setups?

From: Jesper Juhl
Date: Sat Aug 11 2007 - 21:08:35 EST

Hi,

This may be a little off topic, but I think it's interresting enough
to warrent a single mail.

I just saw a news article (http://www.theinquirer.net/?article=41610)
about a 3 Socket Opteron motherboard and couldn't help but wonder if
we are prepared to deal with such a beast, so I thought I'd inform
everyone :-)

I'm guessing equipping such a board with 3 single core CPU's could
show up some interresting corner cases in schedular code and
elsewhere, I'll bet we have some assumptions somewhere about
nr_of_cpus being an even number... In any case it would be an
interresting box to test on, so for those of you employed by big
business with the cash to purchase a test box, it would at least be an
interresting one to add to the mix :)

Anyway, just wanted to give everyone a heads-up, bye bye...

--
Jesper Juhl <jesper.juhl@xxxxxxxxx>