Re: joydev.c and saitek cyborg evo force

From: Renato Golin
Date: Sat Aug 11 2007 - 17:15:57 EST

On 11/08/07, Jiri Kosina <jkosina@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> Force feedback functionality shouldn't be influenced in any means by this
> patch - FF implementation doesn't care about the values of the
> input_dev->abs{max,min,fuzz,flat}.

So it means the patch should work for all other joysticks as well?
That's good news... ;)

> But it is questionable whether your joystick is fully compliant with PID
> protocol or it implements some sort of vendor-specific one.

I wouldn't be surprised if it's vendor-specific, as their original
driver doesn't work quite well, I had to download a patched driver
from their website. Also, they seem to work it around (as I did) with
the auto-calibration.

Thanks for the help!

cheers,
--renato

Reclaim your digital rights, eliminate DRM, learn more at