Re: Documentation files in html format?

From: Sam Ravnborg
Date: Fri Aug 10 2007 - 19:07:28 EST

> The problem I have with asciidoc is that it's a nightmare to get it
> to work. It's what GIT uses, and after spending a whole day trying
> to *build* that thing, I finally resigned and asked Junio if he could
> publish the pre-formatted manpages himself, which he agreed to.

Bit uses in addition to asciidoc also docbook and a bit more.
As asciidoc is some phython scripts it should be trivial to
install with no build required.
Maybe it was the docbook stuff you had trouble with?

My Kbuild example were made without using other tools than asciidoc but
if pdf is desired some additional tools are needed.

Sam