Re: 2.6.23-rc2-mm1

From: Jesper Juhl
Date: Thu Aug 09 2007 - 16:30:45 EST

On 09/08/07, Andrew Morton <akpm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> - If there's a patch in here which you think should be in 2.6.23 but I do
> not have it designated in that way, please be sure to let me know.

Well, if you want to clean up your patch queue a bit then I have a few
suggestions for some patches of mine that are currently in -mm that
you could push to Linus. They are not really important, so if you'd
rather keep them around in -mm until the next merge window then that's
fine by me, but they should be safe to push and would get cut down on
the number of patches you track a bit :-)

This fix was already merged for the ati side of things, this is an
identical fix for the amd side of things - I see no reason why we
shouldn't get this fix into 2.6.23 as well :

fix-use-after-free--double-free-bug-in-amd_create_gatt_pages--amd_free_gatt_pages.patch

This patch only changes the output of the script when run without
arguments, so as far as building the kernel goes it can't cause any
regressions and it's a clear improvement over what we currently have,
so might as well get it out of your queue and upstream :

improve-scripts-gcc-versionsh-output-a-bit-when-called-without-args.patch

When people use scripts/ver_linux in bugreports we want correct info -
currently we often print wrong info for the binutils version. This
patch doesn't hurt existing working scenarios but does fix a few
broken ones, might as well get that merged, it's a clear fix :

scripts-ver_linux-correct-printing-of-binutils-version.patch

These should all be trivially correct since they just remove duplicate
#include's of the same header into a .c file outside any #ifdef and
similar magic, so they should be quite safe to push. Also, I haven't
seen anything but ACK's in response to them (when I've seen a
response), and a few of my similar patches have already been merged :

powerpc-clean-out-a-bunch-of-duplicate-includes.patch
clean-up-duplicate-includes-in-drivers-input.patch
clean-up-duplicate-includes-in-drivers-net.patch
clean-up-duplicate-includes-in-drivers-atm.patch
clean-up-duplicate-includes-in-net-atm.patch
clean-up-duplicate-includes-in-net-ipv4.patch
clean-up-duplicate-includes-in-net-ipv6.patch
clean-up-duplicate-includes-in-net-sched.patch
clean-up-duplicate-includes-in-net-sunrpc.patch
clean-up-duplicate-includes-in-net-tipc.patch
clean-up-duplicate-includes-in-net-xfrm.patch
clean-up-duplicate-includes-in-include-linux-nfs_fsh.patch
clean-up-duplicate-includes-in-fs-ntfs.patch
clean-up-duplicate-includes-in-drivers-scsi.patch
clean-up-duplicate-includes-in-drivers-block.patch
clean-up-duplicate-includes-in-arch-i386-xen.patch
clean-up-duplicate-includes-in-include-linux-memory_hotplugh.patch
clean-up-duplicate-includes-in-mm.patch
clean-up-duplicate-includes-in-drivers-char.patch
clean-up-duplicate-includes-in-drivers-w1.patch
clean-up-duplicate-includes-in-fs.patch
clean-up-duplicate-includes-in-fs-ecryptfs.patch
clean-up-duplicate-includes-in-kernel.patch
clean-up-duplicate-includes-in-drivers-spi.patch
clean-up-duplicate-includes-in-documentation.patch

--
Jesper Juhl <jesper.juhl@xxxxxxxxx>