Re: Kernel / Fliesystem Error

From: Chris Holvenstot
Date: Thu Aug 09 2007 - 16:01:39 EST

Benoit -

I am a little unsure of the protocol involved here but I will respond to
this, the last message I received on the topic.

As I feared, I was giving an incomplete picture with my original report
and did not even realize it.

On the systems I was getting the error on I used the mkinitramfs
command to build the initrd.img file. This was basically the 2.6.23
systems. I did this because the documentation seemed to indicate that
this would clear up the "devfs unknown file system" messages I was
getting at boot.

Which it did.

However, when I rebuilt the 2.6.22.1 kernel's initrd.img file with
mkinitramfs instead of mkinitrd the 2.6.22.1 kernel started getting the
"superblock time stamp" errors too.

So the problem is NOT with the kernel code - it appears to be either
with mkinitramfs or my process. With the way my luck has been running
of late it is likely that the fault is with my process.

So I once again thank you for your response, and apologize for what now
appears to be a false alarm. Since the initramfs tool set was provided
with the Ubuntu release I am using as a base I will try to locate
someone there to assist with this issue.

Chris