Re: Question: RT schedular : task_tick_rt(struct rq *rq, structtask_struct *p) : decreases overhead when rq->nr_running == 1

From: Mitchell Erblich
Date: Wed Aug 08 2007 - 19:45:25 EST

Ingo Molnar and group,

First, RT/RR tasks are not deprecated. This
change simply removes sched overhead while
only 1 RT/RR task is runable per rq.

The code size increase is minor and is a very
straightforward change..

THUS...

My assumption is / was to hand you/Ingo Molnar this change
because,
* you have the latest scheduler git tree and do periodic
pull requests, so I consider you the default scheduler
maintainer .... : ^ )
* my scheduler tree is more developmental,
* and I wish to first suggest minor changes over time to see
what scheduler changes are more acceptable.

Mitchell Erblich