Re: kvm warning

From: Avi Kivity
Date: Wed Aug 08 2007 - 19:09:24 EST

Andrew Morton wrote:
On Thu, 09 Aug 2007 01:48:07 +0300
Avi Kivity <avi@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Ingo Molnar wrote:
* Andrew Morton <akpm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

ia64 allmodconfig says

drivers/kvm/Kconfig:14:warning: 'select' used by config symbol 'KVM' refers to undefined symbol 'PREEMPT_NOTIFIERS'
hm, why doesnt ia64 pick up kernel/Kconfig.preempt, like all the other arches? Due to that ia64 also misses out on voluntary preempt and on preempt-bkl.

Even more hm, how does ia64 manage to enable kvm? It 'depends on X86' at this moment.

beats me. CONFIG_KVM doesn't get set. But it seems that kconfig wants
to do error-checking on that item anyway.

I could do a 'select PREEMPT_NOTIFIERS if X86' but it seems silly. I'd call it a Kconfig bug.