Re: UART misbehaves under Linkstation/KuroBoxHG

From: Guennadi Liakhovetski
Date: Wed Aug 08 2007 - 18:47:29 EST

On Thu, 9 Aug 2007, Oncaphillis wrote:

> I hope I found the the misconfigured part. I didn't look
> at /etc/inittab. It opens a getty on /dev/ttyS0. That
> might do the trick. Have to recompile my kernel right now with
> standard config to check this out.

Hm, for that you don't have to recompile the kernel... unless you modified
it before, of course. Just change your inittab and reboot.

> Well ... it doesn't seem to need the daemons but at least
> the kuro_boot script or something similar has to be executed
> once sending the right init strings to the AVR or your system
> reboots after a few minutes at least on my box.

No, shouldn't be needed either. You should get a string in dmesg like
"linkstation: disarming the AVR watchdog:", and the watchdog should be
off. Just take the original .dts, unmodified kernel sources and close
enough to original (arch/powerpc/configs/linkstation_defconfig) .config
and it should work.

Thanks
Guennadi
---