Re: allow non root users to set io priority "idle" ?

From: Jens Axboe
Date: Wed Aug 08 2007 - 06:52:36 EST

On Wed, Aug 08 2007, Sheplyakov Alexei wrote:
> So I think current behaviour of ionice is inconsistent (and pointless).

It is not, as has been explained more than once in this thread, we
cannot allow ordinary users to eg /etc/passwd infinitely. See?

It'd be nice if we could solve this of course, until then true idle io
must be a cautious root-only thing. So it may be inconsistent and a bit
confusing, but it's definitely not pointless.

--
Jens Axboe