Re: PATCH/RFC: [kdump] fix APIC shutdown sequence

From: Martin Wilck
Date: Wed Aug 08 2007 - 04:33:10 EST

Hello Andrew,

thanks a lot for looking at this patch.

> Please feed the diff through scripts/checkpatch.pl. It finds a lot of issues.

I should have read the latest version of SubmittingPatches :-(
I didn't expect you to pick up this patch so quickly, if I did
I'd have cleaned it more thoroughly. I apologize.

I expect this patch to go through a few more iterations in discussions
with Vivek and other people on this list.

> This is tricky code which you're adding. Empirically-based stuff derived
> from observation and experimentation. It is quite impossible for readers
> of this code to work out what the code is doing and why it is doing it
> purely by reading the C statements.

OK. I thought this might make the patch itself too long, that's why I put
it into the header.

Thanks, Martin

--
Martin Wilck