Re: where is the code for read system call?

From: Randy Dunlap
Date: Mon Jul 23 2007 - 12:31:57 EST

On Mon, 23 Jul 2007 18:01:32 +0200 Karsten Wiese wrote:

> Am Montag, 23. Juli 2007 schrieb Agarwal, Lomesh:
> > For future how do I trace a system call to a function in a kernel?
>
> strace. i.e:
> $ strace ls

I thought (maybe I misunderstood) that Lomesh wanted to know
which kernel function (by name) is called for specific syscalls...
and strace will tell the syscall by name, but not the kernel
function names.

If Lomesh wants what I described, then the answer is more like
"see the syscall tables in each $ARCH".

---
~Randy