Re: [git pull] more drm patches for 2.6.23-rc1

From: Linus Torvalds
Date: Tue Jul 17 2007 - 00:01:33 EST

On Tue, 17 Jul 2007, Dave Airlie wrote:

> Please pull the 'drm-patches' branch from:
> ssh://master.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/airlied/drm-2.6.git
> drm-patches

I really think this or the previous tree is buggy.

Trying to start any 3D client just hangs my Evo laptop hard. It's a Radeon
Mobility 7500 behind a ICH4 southbridge, so standard Intel AGP, and not
anything very usual gfx-chipwise either.

I don't have netconsole or anything, so I'm mixxing any potential oops,
and I guess I should try that next, but not today. I'm hoping this is
something obvious and/or already known, since my setup certainly isn't
unusual.

Linus