Re: performance -cfs19 vs. -ck1 for 2.6.22

From: Ingo Molnar
Date: Mon Jul 16 2007 - 04:29:32 EST

* Ni@m <niam.niam@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Using 2.6.22 or 2.6.22-cfs19 my firefox hangs for some time(~4-5
> seconds) when I'm trying to open any url, but with 2.6.22-ck1 firefox
> doesn't hang at all or at least for a second when I have lots of open
> tabs.

hm, is there no other workload on the system? Could you run the
following script:

http://people.redhat.com/mingo/cfs-scheduler/tools/cfs-debug-info.sh

while you are busy opening new tabs on a CFSv19 kernel (and send me the
file it outputs)?

One way to start up the script precisely would be to start it in a
terminal like this:

sleep 10; echo "soon ..."; sleep 1; ./cfs-debug-info.sh

that way you have 10 seconds to switch from the terminal to firefox, and
you can time the delay of firefox precisely on the start-time of the
debug script.

Ingo