Re: Problem recovering a failed RIAD5 array with 4-drives.

From: Neil Brown
Date: Thu Jul 12 2007 - 19:21:59 EST

On Thursday July 12, LinuxKernel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> I don't know the original order of the array before all the problems started.
>
> Is there a way to determine the original order?

No, unless you have some old kernel logs of the last time it assembled
the array properly.
The one thing that "--create" does destroy is the information about
any previous array that the drives were a part of.

> The order that --detail is showing now is the order that appeared after
> issuing the command is it is in the email. (ie: a b c d)

Odd. I cannot reproduce it.
I suggest you try different arrangements (of the 3 good drives and the
word 'missing') until you find one that 'fsck -n' likes.

NeilBrown